[3830] NAQP CW KH6CJJ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 20:39:49 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KH6CJJ
Operator(s): KH6CJJ
Station: KH6CJJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Maui, Hawaii

   80:    9     3
Total:  376   141  Total Score = 53,016

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: Rockies #2

Comments:

Great fun! Only my second time in this contest and I about doubled my score from
August. One of the problems with this contest from Hawaii is that it ends at
2000 local time.  This limits the opportunities on 40 and 80 and eliminates 160
altogether. The shorter days of winter did help some. Another impediment to a
higher score is that we are 2300 miles from any North American stations, which
means that conditions must be good to be able to work anyone.

We usually have very few thunder storms here, but there was a storm close
enough during the contest to generate a lot of QRN.  It made copy on 80 very
difficult.

All in all, I was very happy with my score and think it will be very difficult
for me to beat in the future without significant improvements to my antennas.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and camaraderie.

Kent