[3830] NAQP CW N4KG M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 13 21:22:52 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: ALA

   10:   10     6
-------------------
Total:  436   193  Total Score = 84,148

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: ACG #3

Comments:

YUCK, what a Lousy Start.  Where was everybody?

I was hoping to finish of CW WAS on 10 and 15M but NO Backscatter on 10M and I
was getting beaten out calling west coast stations.  Maybe it's the Power Lines
and drop lines to the west.  Turned on Packet and even used the Amp to work some
backscatter signals.  Called to Lunch after the start.  Then went outside and
worked in yard for an hour and a half.  I just wasn't into this one.

I'm 20 miles south of TN state line.
Guys 200-300 miles further south can work W2,3,8,9,0 on high bands via
F-Layer.
We sometimes get short skip on 20 but almost NEVER on 15 and 10.  So it goes.

Learned that my 80M Sloper to NE has a 20-30 dB NULL to the West/SW on 40M
(less deep on 80M).  I already knew that my 40M corner-fed Delta Loop with the
bottom wire only 3 ft off the ground is NOT a pileup buster to the west but
it's better than the sloper.  I really need to restore some of my lost
antennas!

Tom N4KG in NORTH Alabama