[3830] NAQP SSB N8XX Single Op QRP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Jan 19 01:26:05 EST 2014

                     North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN

   160:   9     3
    80:   6     5
-------------------
Total:  15     8  Total Score = 120

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC - Slim

Comments:

Noisy QRN on both 160 and 75 Meters.  Not many "very loud" stations, so
my "mighty 5 watts to an antenna proven to be a few dB better than a
dummy load buried 6 feet under ground wasn't heard in many places.  Had
company all day, so last hour was about all I could muster.

Thanks to all who dragged me through, and those who tried, tried, but
tried in vain.

Used name "Jack" in honor of W6ISQ (SK)

Heard a few MRRC ops, and worked even fewer, but skip was long even on
160 meters, so didn't even get a Michigan Multiplier.  Did hear KT8K,
fellow QRP op, but he was doing S&P and couldn't find him when "running"