[3830] NAQP SSB KB4KBS M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 19 01:33:00 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: GEORGIA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:15

   20:    1     1
Total:  252    63  Total Score = 15,876

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Started late and planned to just cherry-pick a few states I needed for WAS on a
few bands.  After a few minutes of that I started working my way through the
spots in the N1MM software.  When that was exhausted, I decided to run for a
while.  I found a clear frequency on 75m in the Extra portion of the band and
ran for about an hour, logging 71 Q's.  I then decided to move up into the
General portion of the band and after a bit of searching landed at 3810 and ran
there for the balance of the contest logging 96 Qs at a rate of 74/hr.

2014-01-19 02:59Z - 04:00Z,    3658 kHz, 71 Qs, 70.0/hr KB4KBS
2014-01-19 04:32Z - 05:50Z,    3810 kHz, 96 Qs, 74.2/hr KB4KBS

Of the 14 states I needed on 40 and 80, I worked 7 of them.  Now to cross my
fingers that they upload their logs to LOTW.

I worked a good number of GCG and SECC folks - call signs I recognized from the
reflectors - and got to give K4BAI a bit of a hard time in the last hour
pretending I didn't recognize his call...  Sorry I didn't get on a team guys,
but I didn't think I would be able to get on at all; these 5 hours were a an
unexpected serendipity.

Thanks for all of the stations who called me, especially N7MZW, Chuck, in WY
who was so busy with a pile-up when I heard him while doing S&P that he was
"working by the numbers".  He then had to wait for a LID to stop
harassing me with a DVR'ed "CQ DX" message to be able to work me when
I was doing the running.  Also a super-big shout-out to N7GR, Greg, who was a
"2-2" and had the perseverance to hang with me until I got his info
right and in my log.  He and Chuck were both new ones for me on 75m.

73,

Scott

Yaesu FT-450D
G5RV at 9m