[3830] NAQP SSB NQ4I Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 19 06:56:34 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): NQ4I
Station: NQ4I

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Griffin, Ga

  160:    5     5
   20:   11     9
   15:    9     5
   10:   18     8
-------------------
Total:  183    66  Total Score = 12,078

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #1

Comments:

Saturday of the contest was a scheduled work day at NQ4I. Four people showed up
and numerous small projects were tackled and solved. My operation in NAQP was
going to be maybe fulltime and depending on work load maybe part time. The part
time became the reality. First and foremost, I have only done qrp one other time
in my whole life. It was another NAQP, and I had a blast then too. It amazes me
how many qso's I made using only 5 watts! Most amazing was that I was able to
RUN on 80m ssb using 5 watts! I did ok on 10m, and fair on 15m, and fair on
20m...40m was just too much qrm and did poorly there...but 80m seemed to really
rock and roll. Found a fairly quiet frequency and began cq'ing...my biggest
regret was not being able to do it full time. Thanks for all the qso's and hope
to see everyone in CQWPX SSB in March. That will be the next M-M operation from
NQ4I. QSL via LOTW.
Thanks for hearing my peanut signal de Rick NQ4I.