[3830] NAQP SSB VE3MGY Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 19 08:09:28 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON

Total:  854   152  Total Score = 129,808

Club:

Team:

Comments:

I spent most of the morning rewiring the cabling for the antennas and switches
for the 7600, K3, KRX3 and PIII so I could switch between radio's/antennas with
fairly little fuss. Then it was outside to touch up some of the wire antennas
that have taken a beating in the trees with the weather of late.

Got on a little later than I had planned and wasn't hearing much on 10. 15 was
weaker than the CW portion last weekend due to the lower SSN so not being
serious I hopped on 20M which was really good from here.

After supper I hit 40 which was really quiet ( -121dbm/1.4bw ) but it went long
earlier than usual which was good for the west coast but not so great for the
closer in ( <1000 km ) stations although I could still work them but they
were weaker than usual for the time ( 2300z )and had some noticeable
backscatter on some of the closer in stations.

Due to some mid level C class flares on Saturday as well as the arrival of a
weak CME from Thursday the BZ went neg and a weak shockwave was noticed on the
Boulder ground level magnetometer ( which briefly spiked ). As a result 80 was
noisier than usual ( -97dbm/1.4bw ). Not to be out done 160 was( -73dbm/1.4bw )
solid(!) when I was on. With all the RX antennas and cabling setup for next
weekend on the K3 I ran what could with the Inverted L sans RX.

Thanks for all the QSO's

73
Brian
VE3MGY