[3830] NAQP SSB W4MJA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 19 11:05:59 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W4MJA
Operator(s): W4MJA
Station: W4MJA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

   10:   16     8
-------------------
Total:  572   146  Total Score = 83,512

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #2

Comments:

Never got really serious, but sure had fun. Biggest mistake was taking
00:50-02:50 for my official off time, but that allowed me to enjoy dinner with
the family and some relaxation time on Saturday night.

SO2R continues to be a new and interesting challenge. Didn't work the second
rig all that much - this was primarily a one radio contest with the second rig
getting used when I felt comfortable. Without the second rig though, I would
have missed a few multipliers on 40M and 20M. Higher bands sounded ok, but with
the poor antennas on those bands, it's hard to tell.

Accomplished a rate of 330/hr - an all time high for me. 40M and 80M sounded
great and 160M sounded fine before 04:30.

(2) FT-1000MP's w/Inrad + Mods, DXDoubler, N1MM, Wires