[3830] NAQP SSB W9QL Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 19 11:56:17 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

  160:    4     4
   10:   14     5
-------------------
Total:  653   154  Total Score = 100,562

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Team 0010

Comments:

I think this is my best NAQP score to date. Pretty good band conditions although
40 seemed to go away pretty early. 80 had a S9 noise level here, but still did
well. Thanks to most everyone I worked on 80 who had to repeat their exchange
for me because of the noise (and my old ears). I actually made 4 contacts on
160 with a G5RV! I tried using the technique described in a recent QST article.
I could tune up but stopped a 4 Q's because I was getting real bad RF feedback
that locked up the logging computer! Something to work on for next time. Lot's
of fun, as always. See you in August.

Dave
W9QL

FTDX5000MP with a G5RV at 35 feet