[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1AN Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 20 12:50:39 EST 2014

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: W1AN
Operator(s): W1AN
Station: W1AN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT

  1.2:   13     9
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  177    64  Total Score = 18,304

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

It was nice to be back on 432 and 220 after several years absence. This contest
having 1296 was a new experience for me and I was quite surprised at how well
10W can do on the band.

I did miss working several stations that were changing bands to work others.
Please give a listen before moving. I missed what would have been at least
three easy 1296 contacts and a few 432 contacts where there was no waiting to
listen before moving.

100W on 50MHz and 144MHz, at 75' and 72'
300W on 432 and 220MHz, at 115' and 117'
10W on 1296 with 24 element loop yagi at 114'

Hope to see you in the June contest!