[3830] CQ160 CW K2PI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 09:34:30 EST 2014

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K2PI
Operator(s): K2PI
Station: K2PI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

Total:  QSOs = 231  State/Prov = 43  Countries = 13  Total Score = 32,368

Sort of indifferent operating, handing out points and searching for States and
countries now that I have a good 160M antenna up.  I am using an Afedri SDR and
HDSDR as a panadapter combo with my K3 and 24 inch LED monitor, and it is an
absolute gem at finding the DX and the difficult states.  Many calls, including
KH6CC, would have been missed had I not been able to see the faint trace and
zero in on it.  I am finding this invaluable in contests particularly.  Really
happy to hear KE3X and W3DQ in DC, who are amazingly rare despite geographic
proximity.  Noise in this semi-rural setting was not too bad the first night,
and terrible the 2nd.  Thanks to everyone who gave me a point!