[3830] CQ160 CW W1NN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 14:32:59 EST 2014

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

Total:  QSOs = 547  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 14  Total Score = 85,224

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

A part-time effort.  Due to the poor wx, I was not able to make the improvements
to my antennas that I had planned, so I was using the same old dipole at an
average height of about 40 feet.  Participation seemed down.  Two or three
years ago I made over 1,000 contacts in this contest, but I don't see how I
could have done that this year even had I operated full-time.  Static, I assume
from the snow, was terrible.  Using the 80 meter dipole that was on the ground
for receive helped a lot with EU.  (I accidentally called K1AR with this
antenna and actually worked him!  Good ears, John.)  Some signals from EU were
pretty strong here but most of them couldn't hear me.  The west coast was quite
loud and quite a few of them even called me.

I worked 46 states, missing only MT and ND.  No VE4, VE5 or VE7 heard, but
worked two VE6 stations.  Countries worked:  FM, KP2, KP4, XE, V3, VP2V, ZF,
PJ2, CT, OK, DL, G.

73, Hal W1NN