[3830] CQ160 CW W9RE Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 18:42:25 EST 2014

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: IN

Total:  QSOs = 620  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 28  Total Score = 129,314

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Sorry for the dupes, I had a crash and lost Q's on several occasions (Saturday
evening).

Started off running only to discover RFI in the shack was tripping my band
decoder box which controls the antenna switch so whenever I keyed my antenna
became disconnected (not good).  I went to a manual antenna switch and it was
better but I noticed that the output was slightly varying depending on keying
even though the antenna was through the manual switch.  It would come and go.
I finally tracked it down to a SO-239 connector that was just a hair loose.  I
tightened it about 1/64 of a turn and all was fine.

Conditions and activity seemed somewhat down from prior years although this
year there were some good daylight signals heard.