[3830] CQ160 CW K3STX Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 23:12:59 EST 2014

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: MD

Total:  QSOs = 510  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 22  Total Score = 93,002

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

And to think I was looking forward to this contest for the past 11.9 months!!
Conditions were horrible here; not only to Europe but also South (even PJ2T was
rough copy) and West (I don't think I ever DID work anyone in Oregon) but
especially Europe. Last year I had 80 10-pointers with Europe, this year was
only 16! Same number of total QSOs and my score is almost half what it was last
year. Even running Assisted it was tough to find new stations to work on the
second night; I think even the Skimmers were having trouble!! Oh well. These
damned sunspots; where's that new Maunder Minimum we have been hearing about
(and I have been dreaming of)?

paul

Kenwood TS-590S, 400 watt Ameritron amp, N1MM logger
TX ant: inverted L about 80' vertical 50' horizontal.
RX ant; for Europe a Pennant, nothing for any other direction. (HEY, I live on
a 1/4 acre lot!!).