[3830] CQ160 CW WD0T(@WD0T/0) Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 28 20:49:28 EST 2014

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WD0T
Operator(s): WD0T
Station: WD0T/0

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: SD

Total:  QSOs = 57  State/Prov = 28  Countries = 0  Total Score = 3,444

QRP portable operation from my Mom's QTH in Sioux Falls, SD.. Set up a 30 ft
high T antenna, 30ft vertical along a fiberglass mast, and 100ft horizontal T
wires, 50ft each direction.  Used an old L match antenna tuner, single fed,
against 8 radials of various lengths.

Only very limited operating time, late at nite Friday, and not as late Saturday
evening.  We were in Sioux Falls for a swim meet.

Conditions seemed good Friday even, but much poorer Saturday..

Great news is my Nephew Logan who is 14 yrs old is very intersted, he even
helped me set up the antenna Saturday evening,and put on a headset to listen,
COOL!

Thanks for the GREAT ears pulling out my very weak signal, 73 Todd WD0T