[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K8MR QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 30 22:13:17 EST 2014

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 31

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: FL

   40:   7     7
Total:   7     7  Total Score = 49

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

My wife & I arrived in Sarasota today to begin our adventure as snowbirds in
Florida. 55F & rain, what crummy weather (true, but just kidding knowing
what it's like back home).

Still unpacking & getting organized, but I strung out 33 ft of wire off the
second floor balcony, with the other 33 ft running back inside across our living
room, and fired up the KX3. Congrats to some people with very good ears, and I
understand that even very good ears were not enough in many cases.

40 went very quiet after people moved down to the lower bands. In the last few
minutes I went to 80, and got the KX3 to load. I got several "?" out
of K4BAI, but no qso.

In the coming weeks I may be able to get up somewhat better antennas from the
common areas in the condo complex, or perhaps from a waterfront location, or
may find a local with a real station.

73  -  Jim  K8MR/4