[3830] RAC Day C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 2 02:54:00 EDT 2014

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LARNACA

   20:   13     0        2         0
   15:    3     0        0         0
Total:   16     0        2         0  Total Score = 96

Club: UKEICC

Comments:

UGHHH - Intention was to spend a few hours handing out the mult and find some
provinces in VE4/5/6 which are a black hole from here.

I got on air at 14.00 local time (11.00z) which is just about the time to find
the VE's coming through.  Looks like Ol' Sol threw a wobbly around that time,
cndx were just awful. 10mtrs completely dead, 15mtrs only 3 eu's heard. 20mtrs
was slightly better for eu's but only one scratchy qso made with VE3KI and
nothing else even heard from the eastern side of VE. I did hear  VE7ST, Ve7JH
& VE7RAC but only VE7JH was able to hear me.

I wrapped it up intending to get back on air at my sunset but before then i was
into the World Cup soccer game and didn't make it. I tend to agree with Mike,
VE9AA, when you do not share a national holiday on a weekday with the rest of
the world then everywhere else is working, and for many of those who do not
need to work there is the call of summer. I haven't looked at any figures but
will wager a dime to a dollar that the VE winter contest has twice the support
of this summer event.

Rig - TS570  + Acom 1010  500w.
Ant - Cushcraft X7 Big Thunder.  Logging with 'SD'.

73  Brian 5B4AIZ.