[3830] IARU WA3AER SO SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 13 08:22:15 EDT 2014

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: FM19qh

  160:
   80:   0      23      2       1
   40:   0     101     12      22
   20:   0     148     20      39
   15:   0      82     18      23
   10:   0      13      4       3
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     367     56      88  Total Score = 152,784

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I started with the intent of operating Low Power again this year. Well, that
didn't last! Condx. were not as great as I recall last year's; too many
contacts were a struggle. ERGO, fired up the amplifier, now suitably powered
from the breaker panel, and had lotsa fun.
The 10M opening was a pleasant surprise: I'd expected nothing. 15M didn't work
out as well as hoped and 40M did better than I ever expected.
This was a S&P operation, with exception of a Run on 40M early this
morning. The Run attempt on 20M this morning was fruitless: EU didn't produce
what I thought it might this morning.
The Flex5000, AL-811, Hex Beam, ZS6BKW and roof-mounted vertical all worked
well and contributed.
Now it's time for breakfast and to take another nap!