[3830] IARU W0ETT SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 13 10:44:50 EDT 2014

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: CO

  160:    1             1       0
   80:    6             2       1
   40:  103            13
   20:  229            22      29
   15:  154            24      22
   10:   44            11       7
-------------------------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Lots of great ops and conditions for this 2014 IARU/WRTC competition!  10m even
opened up for some Q's and multiplier.  It only got better during the evening
with 15m and 20m staying open late into EU, SA, and Asia all at the same time.
On 20m around 03:30z, the western US stations had a very strong opening into the
middle east with 7Z, A65, 4X, P3, and SV signals well over S9.

Wkd 51 of the WRTC stations on 2 or more bands on 15m through 40m.  I thought
that station signals were consistently at the same strength level although once
in awhile one would be louder - perhaps he turned his beam out west.  They
zipped along generally at 35-40 wpm although one tried at 45 wpm or so - didn't
seem to help because the people calling him remained at their speed level.
Stations seemed very accurate in sending/copying, and kept their Q rates
moving!  From my perspective in Colorado, all did a very nice job in the WRTC.

73 W0ETT