[3830] IARU K3EL SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 13 19:12:26 EDT 2014

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K3EL
Operator(s): K3EL
Station: K3EL

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Princeton, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 21:15

  160:     5            1        4
   80:   111           11       26
   40:   412           21       32
   20:   774           38       34
   15:   404           23       36
   10:    21            9        7
-------------------------------------
Total:  1727    0     103      139  Total Score = 1,576,146

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

First time I've tried HP in this contest. Ran LP in 2012 and was going to do the
same this year, but conditions seemed pretty down at the beginning and I thought
LP might be really slow going, so at the last minute turned on the amp.

Things were a bit slow to begin with but from Saturday afternoon/evening there
were good runs to EU on 20 and 15. JA is a challenge from this qth and JAs were
largely absent until a strong 20 m opening early on Sunday morning which was
timely since at that point new EU stations were getting hard to come by.
Unfortunately 10 hardly came to the party. 80 and especially 160 were noisy
here, I mostly just went up and down these bands searching for multipliers and
working WRTCers on 80. There were plenty of HQ stations on 80, but 160 didn't
yield as many multipliers as I'd hoped.

Thanks to my XYL for meals and cups of tea, served at the radio!

K3/Acom 2000a
Steppir @ 42' - 3 ele 10-20 m, dipole 40 m, 80 m delta loop or dipole, 160 m
inv-L, shared apex loop for low band rx
N1MM logger