[3830] IARU N5XZ SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 13 21:02:58 EDT 2014

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N5XZ
Operator(s): N5XZ
Station: N5XZ

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Richmond, TX

   40:   433    0      25       39
   20:   915    0      39       41
   15:   485    0      30       37
   10:    35    0      10        6
-------------------------------------
Total:  1868    0     104      123  Total Score = 1,516,360

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

This is the first contest in a long time I have had time to operate at close to
100%. I wasn't sure I would be able to op, but at the last minute I got the nod
from the XYL and was able to put 20 hours into it. Wish I could have stayed up
for the full 24 but I did take a few breaks and a nap about 3 am. Conditions
were best on 20, and 40 was great around sunrise, although kinda noisy through
the night. 10 was a disappointment, so didn't spend much time there. Rig worked
flawlessly as usual and nothing smoked. The only problem was with the operator.
Next year I'm gonna crack the 2000 Q mark.

Rig: Elecraft K3/P3
Amp: ETO Alpha 78
Ant: SteppIR 4-el up 75 feet with 30/40 Trombone Element
S/W: N1MM 14.6.0
Int: microHAM micro Keyer II