[3830] IARU WO1N SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 14 01:08:45 EDT 2014

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: EMA

  160:    0     0       0       0
   80:  120     0       9      10
   40:  125     0      12      20
   20:  160     0      14      23
   15:  150     0      21      32
   10:   50     0       6       7
-------------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station : FT1000D, C3-SS at 38', 40M Dipole at 40', 80M Folded dipole

 A semi-serious effort but with WRTC site setup and teardown responsibilities
and my shiny new primary radio loaned out to one of the WRTC operating sites, I
basically set out to have fun. Had to cobble the station back together to
produce some signals. Decided a CW effort would suffice and planned to pull the
plug at midnight local and/or 500Q's.

 Band conditions were probably typical for summer conditions, and were pretty
punky all day. Otherwise long haul DX was available and all the bands seemed to
liven up once the sun set. At one point I was looking at solar propagation
sites
to see if there had been a flare.

 15M was best to Europe most of the day. 20M was solid in the evening. 40M was
hopping and I think 80M was in good shape into Europe, but the stations were
sparse.

 Got the 500Q's with a few hours to spare but fell into a vicious trap of
trying to sweep all of the WRTC stations. Worked all but two and spent an
inappropriate amount of time looking for missing suspects ;-) Grabbed a few
hours sleep got up in the morning and did a final sweep, but no joy. Submitted
the score so it could be used by the WRTC committee for log checking and headed
out for teardown. 5 sites down and in the box in about 6 hours.

 All in all a successful weekend and a great experience with all the WRTC
competitors in town.

Ken
WO1N