[3830] ARRL June VHF K9GY/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 15 09:56:43 EDT 2014

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K9GY/R
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY/R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  33     10
    2:  40     14
  222:
  432:  17      5
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  87     29  Total Score = 2,057

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Nothing like a log deadline to get me to enter the paper log into computer, hah!

Operated on Saturday from EN51xr Greene Valley Forest Preserve. About 190 feet
above average ground and about 800 feet ASL. Nice views up there! Although it
was a pretty windy day with 12 mph winds (it's Chicago!). Typically was late in
setting up. WB8BZK/R was already on the hill and ready to go. Although I was
afraid we'd have QRM problems being so close...it turned out to not be a
problem. Ended up being a popular spot with W9YOY/R, K0PG/R, and K9ILT/R all
showing up. A mini VHF gathering during the contest! Used my Yaesu FT-857D and
a deep cycle battery (both worked well).

Due to possible rain storms on Sunday, I decided to operate from my house
garage. Conditions were pretty crummy so glad I didn't drive anywhere! Of
course the winds continued Sunday also.

Probably not a good idea to have the contest on Father's Day weekend. Might
explain why Sunday was awful for rate and propagation. Seemed like I missed any
of the 6m openings...a drawback of being limited rover for sure.

Hope to work you in the CQ VHF this weekend :-)

CQ CONTEST!

Rover Over,
Eric