[3830] NAQP RTTY KC4HW Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 20 07:43:24 EDT 2014

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AL

   10:    9     6
-------------------
Total:  508   140  Total Score = 71,120

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

SFI=86 A=3 K=1

First of all thanks to all that participated.

Actually signals were pretty good.  I was really surprised that early in the
contest there was activity on 10m with strong signals.  But not many QSOs to be
had, I guess that everyone just figured that 10m would be in the tank.

15m was so-so, but again signals were pretty strong.

Of course 20m was the bread and butter of the contest.  Was on 14079 in the
clear for about 15m then a PSKer or something else came up and intentionally
QRMed me for about an hour.  Fortunately for me, I just turned the antenna a
bit off of the North direction and put the QRM off to the side and was still
able to complete QSOs right along.

40m was pretty good and yeilded some nice activity.

80m was also pretty good, surprising the noise was lower than expected for this
time of the year.

NO T-stroms this year!

OK, thanks again for the QSOs and hope to hear you in the next one.

73

Jim/KC4HW

Station:
FT-2000 and MicroKeyer II
10m=4 elements (Cushcraft 10-4CD) at 78'
15m=5 elements (Hy-Gain 155-CA) at 72'
20m=4 elements (Hy-Gain 204-BA)at 108'
40m=2 elements (Cuscraft 40-2CD) at 118'
80m=Inverted Vee at 105'