[3830] NAQP RTTY N2QT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 20 14:30:38 EDT 2014

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: N2QT
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 7:45

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  557   144  Total Score = 80,208

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Beam Me Up Scotty

Comments:

I don't know why but I never seem to do a full time operation in this contest.
The rates were good, the interference reduced due to the required low power
operation, and the 10 hour operating time 'doable'.  Anyway, I had decided
after the EA RTTY contest that the way I had the radios arranged on my desk was
wrong, and that I could 'improve' it.  This meant that every carefully labelled
cable was now wrong, that things wouldn't reach or fit.  While I do think the
new way will end up being better, there are some new potential ground loop and
inter radio interference gremlins to chase away.  Never did get the 3rd radio
setup but really with no 10M not much need for it.

Heard a couple of stations on 10, who didn't hear me.  Only worked a couple DMC
participants who would not give me a name for this contest. Still would be nice
to only have one contest at a time.

Radios Two Elecraft K3
KT34A at 60 ft,
3 el Steppir at 48 ft