[3830] CQWW VHF K7ULS SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 20 17:50:42 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K7ULS
Operator(s): K7ULS
Station: K7ULS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

    2:    4     4
-------------------
Total:  196   101  Total Score = 20,200

Powder Mountain (9000')
M2-6M7
M2-2M12
FT-897d
TE-0552G
TE-1452G
I was planning on using two 2m12's for EME as 6 has been
dead as of recent so before the contest I worked a couple
of new 2 meter EME stations but 2 hours before the contest
something happened up on the tower with the phasing harness
and the SWR went sky high so down they came to remove one of the
antennas. I put it all back up in the nick of time only to work 6
stations the first day via meteor scatter so I really could have
taken my time to fix the problem but oh well. Woke up Sunday to work
a few more on MS then six opened around 15:00z for E's and didn't
stop till contest end which really brought up my morale from the previous day.
Nice runs for a contest this late in the season with double hop to MD and FL
also DX to VE7,VA7,VA3,VE4 and XE2. Thanks to the radio Gods for the wonderful
opening on Sunday Amen.
de K7ULS