[3830] IARU WQ6X(@N6GEO) M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 22 12:04:35 EDT 2014

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X N6GEO
Station: N6GEO

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Brentwood, Ca.

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:    3      0      1       1
   40:   74      4     12       3
   20:  230      2     26      30
   15:   53      5     11       7
   10:   13     11      8       4
-------------------------------------
Total:  373     22     58      45  Total Score = 121,952

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

IARU 2014 was a last minute affair setup @ N6GEO's Brentwood QTH in N. Ca.
running an SDR-3000 into a 7mh TH3-Jr and an 8BTV vertical - just enough to
make 394 QSOs in about 22 hours of operating time.
20 Meters was our main band, followed by 40, 15, 10 & 80.  We operated
mostly CW, with a few SSB Q's on each band  The S. American opening on 10
meters Saturday afternoon was a nice surprise.  Unfortunately QRN from the
declining SFI was a problem, finally dropping after 08:00z near the end of the
contest.
It was cool to work so many 1x1 stations and then to later find out WHO we had
actually contacted.
It was also nice to work the various W1AW stations, and of course W100AW.
CY'ALL next year.