[3830] CQWW VHF KO9A SOSB/6 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jul 26 10:33:05 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: KO9A
Operator(s): KO9A
Station: KO9A

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 20+

Total:  117    45  Total Score = 5,265

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Not a whole lot to add to the discussion...my observations were similar to
everyone else's:

- Saturday was pretty terrible, although scatter to W1 was pretty good along
with very spotty Es openings.  Went to bed with ~55 x 17...at the time this
seemed terrible but reading through the scores it likely wasn't half bad.

- Sunday continued with some really good scatter and a few hours of very
marginal Es.  The opening to the west didn't help much here...a few grids were
added but no volume at all.  It was a struggle to work the big guns.  W9RM
peaked out around S3 for 5 minutes or so, N0KE needed to be worked cross-mode
and peaked at S1, and K0YW was the best peaking out around S5 for ~20 minutes.
All of those guys are typically bending the S-meter needle on a decent opening.
Our best Es was to W5 land but the opening wasn't nearly as good as a similar
opening during the ARRL June 'test.

Radio: TS-2000X (100W)
Ant:  CLP5130-1 @ 30'

73 & tnx for the QSOs!