[3830] IOTA GW6W Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 27 14:31:16 EDT 2014

                    IOTA Contest

Call: GW6W
Operator(s): GW0GEI GW0ETF GW7BZR
Station: GW6W

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: Holy Island, EU-124
Operating Time (hrs): ~22

   80:   64       22      50      17
   40:  290       43      76      17
   20:  425       50     142      25
   15:   50       22      18      16
   10:   17        8      80      16
Total:  846      145     366      91  Total Score = 2,182,056

A superb weekend in the warm sun at the western edge of Holy Island overlooking
the Irish Sea. This was a field day style portable operation using a variety of
vertical and wire antennas and the local club's caravan.

Conditions seemed typical of mid-summer here with noisy low bands and sleepy
hf, though some 10m SpE was welcome on Saturday. The general imbalance between
cw and ssb wasn't by design - regularly we'd be struggling to get decent runs
going on phone with our 100w max and then be faced with immediate pile ups when
we gave up and moved to cw. Not totally without problems and we lost some time
with unexplained mobile phone based network drop outs and a frustrating
generator failure in the very early hours of Sunday.

Thanks for all the Qs, a great contest.....