[3830] IOTA PJ4DX SO24SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 27 15:10:12 EDT 2014

                    IOTA Contest

Call: PJ4DX
Operator(s): PJ4DX
Station: PJ4DX

Class: SO24SSB HP
QTH: Bonaire

   80:   0        0         6       6
   40:   0        0       190      39
   20:   0        0       797      70
   15:   0        0       618      53
   10:   0        0        68      12
Total:   0        0      1679     180  Total Score = 2,216,700

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Rig: Yaesu FT-2000, Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1.2Kfx amp at 600W. Ants: Spiderbeam at
30ft, Butternut HF2V with elevated radials.

Having taken part in the IOTA Contest from 3 IOTA groups in OC (as P29DX,
9M6DXX and 9M6DXX/P, and 9M8Z) and now one in SA, I am more convinced than ever
that this is a European contest. When the bands were wide open to Europe, it was
great, but when there was only marginal propagation to EU, it was dire! There is
simply not enough casual contest activity in NA/SA (or JA, for that matter) to
make this a really fun contest. I would really, really like to like this
contest but can't quite bring myself to do so - sorry! Nevertheless, I will
probably back next year so I guess it can't be all that bad!