[3830] IOTA IQ9UI(@II9P) Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 28 16:50:25 EDT 2014

                    IOTA Contest

Call: IQ9UI
Operator(s): IT9CHU IT9CJC IT9EQO IT9GAC IT9GSF IT9JQY
Station: II9P

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Sicily

   80:   200      40       10      10
   40:   346      54       57      37
   20:   357      91      433      82
   15:   537      76      234      70
   10:   110      21      288      33
Total:  1550     282     1022     232  Total Score = 10,660,360

A nice contest for new operators at II9P. We were very happy to meet our friends
Francesco, IT9JQY, and Giovanni, IT9GAC, operating at our station.
Sorry the problem with electricity power line is not over (copper power lines
were stolen before CQ WPX CW!) and we had to generate our power. In fact we had
problems with the generator and bad gasoline and we had to stop the operations
for almost three hours (not continously) during the night and the morning. I
think we could have 500 QSOs and abt 100 multipliers more without those
problems.
The station is performing well except some problems with QRN on 10 meters.
I wish to thank everybody for patience to work us and for many QSOs we had. It
is always a pleasure to listen for those old callsigns/friends from EU-005 and
other countries/islands as well. Very nice opening on 10 meters during saturday
night till 22 GMT... it was a sporadic E opening but it was possible to work G
and North EU and (!) some USA stations with very strong signals and good QSO/Hr
rate of 120/h in CW and 140/h in SSB !!!

Best rate was at 09Z with 170 QSO/H on 20 meters.

Preferred mode was, as always, CW!

Software used Win-Test, Radio K3s, Antennas MomoBeams multi stack on 10 and 15,
single stack on 20, Wire Yagi NW + 4sq on 40, 4 Sq on 80.

Next contest will be CQWW RTTY but, if you want to operate from II9P, take a
look at the Comiso Airport fares...maybe you can be with us with few Euros and
cheap flights.

Best regards,

Fabio Grisafi - IT9GSF - One of II9P Arcibessi Contest and DX Club.