[3830] WPX CW EF8U(EA8RM) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 1 05:37:01 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: EF8U
Operator(s): EA8RM
Station: EA8URL

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: GRAN CANARIA ISLAND

   15: 1084

Club: EA Contest Club

Comments:

It was a very funny contest as always.

The EA8URL club station has been update with some new gadgets, but still it is
needed some more works.

The set up it was :

1 x 160m dipole
1 x 80m Optibeam
2 x 2 40m
2 x 3 20m
2 x 4 15m
2 x 4 10m
2 x Acom2000
1 x FT2000
1 x FT 950
N1MM

All the station worked very nice, but this time the problems came from
computers and software. Few minutes before the contest
i delete the log to start, everything looks like perfect, but at 1st qso N1MM
started the contest with 010 number.. ??.  I started as
usual on 40m thinking on double points QSOs but after 3 hours i started to be
bored, i decided to QSY to 20m to have some pileups
Usually the first night you can spend all time on 40m but not this time. At
08am i stopped missing about 200 qsos in comparation with the last year.

After my 1st break started again trying to fight to recover these 200 qsos but
i never i haved good rates for that. Always was very slow, specially at
the Champion League final time, when a lot of europeans was looking who will
win the futboll championship. After that the rates came little bit up.

The second night was a little bit bored with a lot of qsys between 20, 40 and
80m trying to get some one in the log, and i haved to stop 15 minutes two times
to rest
and breathe, because my mind it was lock out, and sometimes it was difficult to
understand some calls.

Sunday morning i stopped at 08am again and i still missing 200 qsos. WTF !!!.
At 12 i came back to the radio room.....What!!!!!!!!????  The main computer was
dead, i tried several times to
restart it but no way, i deceided to take another one computer and set up in
the same way, everything looks allright but the scores it was so different.
I start to call on 15m and i crossed my fingers waiting for a nice 10m openning
to recover that 200 qsos (i�'m still wating for that. hihihi).
It was impossible to have an effective S&P on the second radio. The N1MM
cluster window shows some new multipliers, when i tried to work them, they send
me QSOB4. Great!!!. I decided to focus on just one radio for S&P and
running, because the information
on one computer was right.

It was incredible the long  conditions during the weekend, specially the
signals from Japan and China with hugh signals.

I met 3 times in the contest to EA8/RA1A on SOAB HP (who did a great work
building a serious station just one week before the test at field day style),
We almost haved the same QSO numbers during the battle.
Alexey have a nice location and good antennas and he is a WRTC champion, i felt
good to be close to his rates.  Congrats for a GREAT and hard job building the
station Alexey.

The record it is 12,9 millions by UT5UDX from 6Y. I tried to cath it the last
year, i was so close (13.2 millions) but not enought difference for the
"sales". This time i made 14.3 millions, i hope to dont have so many
mistakes. :P

I really want to thanks to Manolo EA8ZS, EA8URL members and to every one to
take some time to make the QSO with EF8U. Please receive my apologies if can�'t
cath your call.

73s i hope to see you in the next one.   "The worst thing of the contest,
it is when the contest its over"