[3830] AlQP N8II SOMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 8 19:32:20 EDT 2014

                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): `8.5

  160:    0      0
   80:    3      0
   40:   44     15
   20:   54     21
   15:    3      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  104     36  CW Mults = 46  Ph Mults = 25  Total Score = 17,352

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, things were not quite in my favor or most of the the other ops. 15 could
not have been much worse and storms in the AL area pounded the low bands
accounting for 3 Q's each on 15 and 80 CW. I listened on both bands quite a few
times with the slow pace giving me plenty of time after the first hour to check
marginal bands and work some museum ship stations on the side. 20 went long
around 21Z until 2330Z when it reopened on Es until past 02Z, but few stations
were around for the revival. This made for some pretty slow hours; the fixed
stations were either QRT or worked already by and large.
Many thanks to the mobiles who made it worthwhile to troll the bands. Jim,
KC4HW, Tom, K4ZGB, and Ed, KN4Y are perennial stalwarts in the AQP. Throw in
John, K4BAI operating W4AN, and continuous roamer Jerry, K5YAA and you have a
pretty good mobile turnout. They were all on the majority of the AQP with Ed,
John, and Jerry still operating when I quit just before 03Z. I retired last
year and assume that most all of the ops are retired and enjoying ham radio
mobile contesting. Jerry, K5YAA from OK has driven far and wide (FL to WY/MT in
1 week!) hitting many of the QSO parties in the last year. John and ED(?) are in
their 70's and still going contest strong. Many thanks for your efforts and hope
the storms didn't cause too much trouble!
Thanks to all for the Q's and hope Es will be better with fewer storms next
year.

73, Jeff N8II