[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jun 13 08:18:21 EDT 2014

                    NCCC Sprint - Jun 13

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   0      0
   80:   7      7
   40:  14     13
   20:  16     15
   15:   9      8
Total:  46     43  Total Score = 1,978

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, 88' center fed zepp.  Glad we had 15M added this week.
15M was great to most of the world (but not too many people knew it) for about
an hour before NS, with strong signals (Es?) from most of the USA and great
signals from Europe, South and Central America, and the Pacific.  OK1KTI was
599+ at 0315 local time in Czech Rep.  US3LX and UA3RBM had good signals as
well as a RK4.  PY2IQ was loud with his K1 barefoot. HR1LW was 599+.

I recommend that we populate 15M a few minutes before each NS so we don't have
too many people starting on 20 thinking that 15 is dead when, in reality, it is
not dead at all.

Signals from the west coast seemed down last night on 40M and down.  Otherwise,
good conditions to most of the USA.  Great to work N4AF and KW8N on 15M.  Best
signals seemed to be from Colorado (K0EU, N0TA).  Nice to work W1AW/0 in MN
(HIRAM).  I assume that was Dan, KE0G, on the key.

No 160M antenna last night.  I've somehow got the wire hung up in the tower and
will need help to get it loose from there.

73, John, K4BAI.