[3830] DRCG RTTY K4GMH SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 15 16:55:48 EDT 2014

                    DRCG WW RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:

   80:    0       0          0
   40:   90      27         10
   20:  249      41         19
   15:  290      51         22
   10:    0       0          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  629     119         51  Total Score = 1,996,990

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the DRCG for sponsoring the Contest.  Nice format.
Thanks also to all who participated.

Getting started was the hardest part for me as obtained a new Windows 7
computer after using for many years a Windows XP.  Even with expert help from
Neal, K3NC, on how to get the W7 computer set-up, I still have a bit of a
problem getting my head wrapped around W7.  Keep trying in my mind to convert
W7 to XP which some times doesn't work.  My trying to get the DRCG WW RTTY
Contest module installed and working with Writelog S/W was one of those times
of my W7 to XP translation didn't work.  The W7 computer may have been telling
me what I should have been doing, but I wasn't comprehending - guess it was
like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.  Fortunately, I was able
to come up with a crude solution on how to get the module to work just before
the start of the Contest,

Original plan was to start on 40 and 20, and after an hour move the 20 xmitter
to 80.  However, storms in the area changed that and stayed on 40 and 20.

Right after started realized I hadn't reprogrammed the wireless, multikey mouse
for Writelog keyboard shortcuts.  Took couple of hours before the mouse was
reprogrammed.

15 meters was very good with nice propagation.  20 meters was okay as well.
Never saw any spots for 10 meters.

Didn't have any 2 Tone lock up like I had with the older XP computer.  Lot of
hardware changes from the old to the new computer, e.g., sound cards, etc.  Did
notice the bandmap would blank every so often with the new computer, same as the
old XP computer.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH