[3830] ARRL June VHF N1CC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 15 18:24:25 EDT 2014

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Texas

    6:  63     42
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  63     42  Total Score = 2,646

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  Elecraft K3/100 to Force 12 C-3 at 64' fed with 350' of LMR-400 (Yea loss
is big).

Stumbled onto 6 Meters recently, last time I was on six was about 50 years ago.
 The K3 has six...K1TO and others say I should try six...so OK I did!

Saturday I purchased a used 3L beam to put up for 6.  Will do that next week,
since I did have fun working CW only for a short time Sunday.  Quite surprised
that the "makeshift" antenna worked out as well as it did.  Mostly
called CQ and found that I needed to point 90 degrees west of where the
stations were to work anyone - again, a C-3 is NOT a 6-Meter antenna!  Did not
use packet, and had to export the log into the right format and reenter info
that did not come over, mostly because I had NO intention of working this
contest as all.  So much for being "stubborn"!

Oh yeah, if you heard me and worked me THANKS!

73, Jim N1CC