[3830] ARRL June VHF K2PS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 15 22:47:15 EDT 2014

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K2PS
Operator(s): K2PS
Station: K2PS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EL98

    6:  480   143
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  480   143  Total Score = 68,640

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Put up a temporary 6M yagi just for the contest, up about
15 feet.  Until about 9AM local on Sunday I was thinking
that putting up the yagi was a big waste of time.

Then the band opened with a vengeance.  Had the rate meter
above 200 a number of times and they just kept coming.  Not
sure how unusual this was from this QTH, since it was the first
time I've operated 6M from Florida, but the paths to
the northeast and then the midwest and then the southwest
all seemed to be pounding in.

73, Pete, K2PS EL98