[3830] ARRL June VHF K5YAA/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 15 23:04:45 EDT 2014

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K5YAA/R
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: EM16 EM26

    2:    0     0
  222:    0     0
  432:    0     0
  903:    0     0
  1.2:    0     0
  2.3:    0     0
  3.4:    0     0
  5.7:    0     0
  10G:    0     0
  24G:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  159    85  Total Score = 13,430

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

A different experience to say the least. My first time to any extent on 6 meters
even though I've been a ham for 55 years now. I can see how people might get an
itch to see if 6 is open.

Relentless CQs then the band opened and some pretty good signals. You have to
be quick however as they can leave as fast as they show up. I got a couple of
Grid Square reports but never got the calls associated with them!  There are
obviously folks who put a lot of time and money into VHF stuff. Their signals
were proof of that. My M2 Loop on the van worked out pretty well as I was able
to keep runs going once they started.  On SSB it was one station on top of
another as the band was not open between them obviously. Not CQWW or even
Sweepstakes but fun nonetheless. Thanks to all for the Qs.

73 - Jerry K5YAA

Rig: K3 at 100 watts to a M2 6 meter Loop on the top of my Dodge Caravan. N1MM
logging with a Samsung laptop.