[3830] ARRL June VHF N9TF SO 3B LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 16 08:09:49 EDT 2014

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO 3B LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  215    71  Total Score = 17,892

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

It was like two contests in one. Saturday reminded me of January conditions, and
Sunday was more like June! There was an enhancement though Saturday afternoon on
2 meters that allowed me to work FM07 and some EM grids from north of Chicago.
Caught the start of the 6 meter opening Sunday morning, and I had a hard time
pulling myself away from the operating chair until just after noon. Working 6
meters with just a rotatable dipole that is not even cut for that band (D3W
12/17/30), made for some challenges! Very rare was I able to get in on the
first few calls to any station. It sure seemed easier using this antenna in
"non" contest band openings! May have to consider putting at least a
3 element back up for September contest.

I was hoping to break 20K score, but I just could not find enough new blood at
the end of the contest.

Operating conditions: Antennas, 7 elements 2m 46', 11 elements 432 @43', D3W
rotatable dipole @ 40'. Yaesu FT 897D 2 meters (50 watts), 432 (20 watts),
ProIII 6 meters 100 watts.