[3830] DRCG RTTY AB1J SOAB-6 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 17 09:35:46 EDT 2014

                    DRCG WW RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOAB-6 LP
QTH: Waltham, MA

   80:
   40:   29       7          6
   20:   73      20         12
   15:   34      14          6
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  136      41         24  Total Score = 120,510

I like to support this contest because I'm a heretic who favors distance scoring
and this contest uses a clever twist on the CQ zone system.  I never know what
the contest will be called, only that it's on the second full weekend in June.
Since there's no low power category, it's just a labor of love for me.

I suggested once to the CQ WW contest people that they rescore one of their
contests (unofficially) with the DRCG zone table to see how it comes out.  They
said they weren't able to do it at that time.  They didn't sound very
interested.

This year my daughter treated me to a nice Fathers' Day Saturday outing on
Boston's south shore, hitting many points of interest and as a bonus watching a
large ship go through the vertical lift bridge on the river in Quincy.
Accordingly, I went for a 6 hour entry which called for some strategic planning
Sunday morning.  I had 1.5 hours left and needed to spend it on 15m.  I scoped
out the morning hourly predictions with HamCAP and watched my skimmer to judge
activity, keeping track of the number of spots each half hour while I did stuff
around the house.  I hated just waiting around but eventually things seemed
propitious and I jumped in.

I have no idea if my N1MM score is anywhere near correct.  I had a higher
official score last year with fewer QSOs and points.

No weird things happened maybe because I didn't have that many QSOs. Usually
something anomalous happens about every 200 contacts.

Thanks for the Qs.

73,
Ken, AB1J

FT2000 N1MM-MMVARI-MMTTY-2TONE TrueTTY Win8
TS940S RCKskimmer XP
20-10m attic dipoles and outdoor 40m stealth antenna