[3830] ARRL June VHF VE3SMA/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jun 19 08:44:08 EDT 2014

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: VE3SMA/R
Operator(s): VE3SMA
Station: VE3SMA/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:   30    12
  2.3:   21     9
  3.4:   10     7
  5.7:   16     7
  10G:    9     7
  24G:    9     7
-------------------
Total:  396   158  Total Score = 131,140

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Not listed above: 7 laser QSOs in 7 grids and 7 "been-there"
multipliers.

Saturday got off to rather a slow start, with poor tropo conditions and
virtually no Es on 6m, plus the road to my FN14 site was closed so I had to
find a new one - thanks to VA3HD for his site suggestions and putting up with
QRM from a location near his house!  It wasn't looking like much of a score,
especially with a number of the regulars (both local and distant) missing in
action.

But...Sunday had Es and tropo...nothing really amazing but enough of both to
get me substantially more grids than last year and a new personal best score.
In the afternoon there was especially strong tropo across Lake Erie, but not
extending inland much.  I had a group of QSOs on the lower microwave bands with
VE3OIL/R about 130 km away along the north shore of the Lake in which the
signals peaked from entirely the wrong direction.  It seems most likely we were
bouncing the RF off Ohio !

73,
Steve VE3SMA