[3830] TBDC N5RZ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 22 15:38:06 EDT 2014

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 2+

Total:  QSOs = 15  Total Score = 65

Got on shortly after 0400Z to hear a loud NO3M CQing.   Got him + the only other
two "CQ'ers" (K1LT & K9MMS) I heard in short order.   Called CQ
& first station to call was HC2AO with a huge signal.   Had a total of 9
Q's on the log in about 20 minutes & then about 20 minutes of unanswered
CQ's.  Had a few times where I was pretty sure someone was calling, but could
never get the callsigns.  After working a loud KV4FZ at 0501Z, I went to bed,
setting the alarm to look for W1AW/KL7 on the low bands.   Up at 0730Z &
W1AW/KL7 went into the log quickly on 80CW & 40SSB.    Came back to top
band to CQ away & tune while keeping an ear out for W1AW/KL7.

Managed a few more QSO's while reading a book.  W1AW/KL7 finally showed up at
0900Z for a rather easy QSO (though not in SP).   Then off to bed.

Very noisy condx here in West Texas.    Thanks to all for their patience.

Elecraft K3 + SPE Expert 2K-FA amp to Inverted L with 4 elevated radials.
RX Array:  Hi-Z 8 circle

73,  Gator