[3830] All Asian CW JA1BPA SOSB/10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 22 23:05:14 EDT 2014

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: JA1BPA
Operator(s): JA1BPA
Station: JA1BPA

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Chiba Pref.

Total:  173    41  Total Score = 27,388

Club: University of Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

After achieving JA-#3 10mb all-time record last year, I gave one
last shot for 10mb before the solar cycle starts to turn downward.

>From the beginning, it was obvious that the propagation was far worse
than 2013, with N6RO only S=8 at best, averaging S=3~5 most of the time.
Only southern Europeans were heard and even UA1 was whispering, while
UA6 and UR were okay.  The furthest I could reach in Europe was 9A1CRT
after chasing and timing the QSB peak for nearly half an hour.  I sent
hundreds of unanswered CQ TESTs, and sometimes could even clean up a
shack or mowing the backyard while monitoring a speaker :-p.

15mb seemed to be wide open during our local nights, so we look forward
to working many stations on 15mb CW as 8N1HQ @ JG1ZUY during the IARU
HF Contest in July.

73,

Icko, JA1BPA