[3830] ARRL June VHF K1WHS Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 24 16:44:09 EDT 2014

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1BX AA1VL K1WHS
Station: K1WHS

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN43MJ

    6:  636   114
  903:   12     7
  1.2:   15     9
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:    5     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1032   215  Total Score = 262,300

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Where do I start? The station has been falling apart for a few years. A few new
bands died during the weekend. I lost 2304 due to a dead power supply. 903,
1296 and 3456 were dead most of the weekend. The 222 MHz rotator decided to
seize up at 2 PM on Saturday, and is in need of new bearings. Actually, the
only bands that worked well were 50,144 & 10 GHz!  K1BX was on 50 MHz quite
abit, while AA1VL got his feet wet for the first time on 144. For a new guy, he
did just great. Thanks for coming up and operating, Chris!  I did manage to get
903 and 1296 running on Sunday afternoon and they seem OK. 10 GHz was OK too
with contacts out 250 miles. Not much in the way of great six meter condx, and
the higher bands were flat all weekend. We slept in and ran no MS skeds
overnight, so it was a pretty relaxed affair with just a skeleton crew here.