[3830] ARRLDX SSB N8XX SOSB/10 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 15:50:30 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: SOSB/10 QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    0     0
   20:    0     0
   15:    0     0
Total:  110    50  Total Score = 16,500

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Wow! 10 meters was REALLY open to the world!  Yup, even with a peanut whistle 5
watts an a low wire antenna, I could be heard by many DXers.  All S&P, and
I chose SOSB/10 QRP even though I know there's no power sub classifications for
Single Band, but when 10 is open to the world, it doesn't take much power!
Wasn't able to break through some of the "rarer" stations, but my
goal of 50 Q's for the event was eclipsed early in the first day's effort, so I
set another goal of 75, which was made quickly, so I plugged along past 100 so
that, after NIL's and busted Q's I might have 100 Q's in the bag.

Thanks to all who pulled out the weak station - especially the DX ops who stuck
with QSB early morning on Sunday.  Also a few stations seem to know that I like
QRP, so I got a few "nice signal for QRP" kudos.

Tnx to the organizers!