[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0MD SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 19:08:39 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0MD
Operator(s): K0MD
Station: K0MD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MN

   10:  494   100
-------------------
Total: 1498   399  Total Score = 1,793,106

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Operator: K0MD
Rig: Icom 7800
Amp: Acom 2000a
Antennas: C49XR stack on 10-20, Magnum 240n on 40, dipole on 80, Force 12
Magnum 160vx2 on 160

Comments:  First time I have done this contest from my home QTH in a long time.
I enjoyed working a number of friends in Chile and VP5H.

I was impressed at the significant number of DX stations running low power or
QRP. One station ran 73 watts. Such precision is amazing.

I had a good time following W1MD and K3MD in the pile-ups. I often asked the DX
station if they realized how amazing it was two work 2 MD's in a row! I
suggested it was a paradox or a pair of Docs for some!

Fun contest with unusual band conditions. 20 meters was amazing Friday night
with runs open to Europe at 0700 GMT!