[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7ABV SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 20:36:46 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7ABV
Operator(s): K7ABV
Station: K7ABV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: mt

Total:  665   212  Total Score = 422,304

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

well what fun, with our wx -20 plus below zero, I was not about to rotate the
beam, so before the wx got bad, pointed it at 45 Degrees and never turned it
for 2 days...only when the temp got up to 0 did I turn it for South America
sunday afternoon...10 meters was great, amazing what I could work with the beam
in only one direction...guess my old TH-6-DXX does not have great F/B hi hi..had
a great time and ten was super from 7 am til sundown...tnx to all for the q's
and a great place to spend my time when the wx was so nasty..everything worked
fine so i was pleased...tried 3 different headsets until i settled for the
Yamaha CM-500 as being the most comfy...k7abv..waiting for spring