[3830] ARRLDX SSB NW3H SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 20:55:45 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NW3H
Operator(s): NW3H
Station: NW3H

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Skippack, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 24:12

  160:    0     0
Total: 1003   333  Total Score = 1,001,997

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Personal best in this contest.  Surpassed my previous highest score by 633K.
What a difference a tribander makes.  My amp is no longer working on 10 meters
after having to change tubes.  Due to that all the contacts on 10 meters were
low power.  Great openings to Asia on Sunday working dozens of JA, KH2 and
UA9s.  The low bands were awful on Friday due to the solar activity.  Things
picked up on Saturday.  My 80 meter effort is the best I have had in a DX
contest.  My simple inverted vee played very well.  40 meters was ok on my
Windom but I need a better solution there.  Perhaps a vertical.  Seemed as if
the amount of available mults was lower on 40 this year.  Overall all very
pleased with my score.  I had a lot of time this weekend thanks to my wife
taking care of the kids for most of the weekend.  Thanks to the DX for the
QSOs.  73 de Bill, NW3H

Rig: IC-7600
Amp:  AL-811H
Antenna: Mosley mini 32a tribander