[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE4EA SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 22:03:45 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE4EA
Operator(s): VE4EA
Station: VE4EA

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:

Total:  753   237  Total Score = 535,383

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

This was supposed to be a 15m SOSB Low Power entry on my part.  Conditions on
10m, especially the second day changed all that.  The lure of hearing strong
signals and a packed band extending over 600khz was magical.

Congratulations to Ed VE4VT (VE4EAR) for his great results, especially with
being limited to a multi-band vertical on the high-bands - amazing operator!

This contest is a lot of fun.  It's great to see all the DX activity and
generally good ops.  The QRP stations on 10/15 are stunning.

This first SSB DX test also a useful lesson in what I still have to do to make
my new station more effective and competitive.

73,
Cary
VE4EA