[3830] ARRLDX SSB VA7BEC SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 3 01:33:17 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:

   80:   10     7
Total:  761   242  Total Score = 552,486

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Wow! I'm tired!

It seemed like there was a mass exodus from 20M because conditions on 10M and
15M were so great. The low bands were… well… quite lonely. I tend to tune
through the bands regardless of spots, because some juicy multipliers may not
have been spotted yet and it's easier for me put them in the log before the
massive pileups commence. But I didn't hear much except noise on 80M and 40M.

This contest is, by and large, an S&P effort for me, but I did have a
couple short but productive runs to AS and to EU.

My goals were to do better than last year and if possible reach the level of
the year before when conditions had been pretty good. That was the main reason
for putting more effort into CQing. Boost the Q count and compound the point
with lovely multipliers. I'm pleased with the results.

Very happy for every Q in the log but particularly happy to have had Qs on all
five bands with HK1NA JA3YBK KH7XX KL7RA and P40L. Also had quite a few
four-band stations in the log. Too many to mention, even.

All in all, a great weekend. Besides, being at the radio meant I didn't have to
go outside and shovel snow. !!

See you all again soon.

73
Rebecca VA7BEC