[3830] ARRLDX SSB OG6N(OH6NIO) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 3 02:08:55 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: OG6N
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OG6N

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Mieto
Operating Time (hrs):

Total: 1224   175  Total Score = 642,600

Part time operation. The propagation on Saturday was as poor as I can remember
except of 10m which produces some QSOs. Especially the low bands were just
terrible. It was difficult to work a decent multiplier count on 40m. No QSOs on
75m or 160m. Normally 15m is my strongest band but this time I felt like running
with a wet doodle. Also 20m was strange. On Sunday morning I had a brief run on
20m but the band really opened in the end of the contest for three hours. Too
bad that I have only a single yagi on 10m because it seemed the place to be. I
worked only about 350 QSO on Staurday and almost 900 QSOs on Sunday so the
difference between the two days was dramatic.